Executive Vice President Brands: Martin Axelhed
President of the Americas: Nathan Dopp
Head Office: Stockholm, Sweden
Work Location: Louisville, Colorado
Reporting Director: Global Product Director
Turnover: Fjällräven International AB: 1 262 MSEK
Employees North America: 515
Employees Louisville Office: 75
CIP global executive search has been assigned to recruit an Associate Creative Director for Fjällräven International AB.
Since Fjällräven was founded, back in 1960, their mission has not wavered. Hailing
from the small town of Örnsköldsvik in Sweden, a place where mountains and forests meet the sea, Fjällräven wants to inspire and enable more people to experience nature. They do this by developing clothing and equipment that make the outside safer, warmer, dryer, and generally more enjoyable. Fjällräven also runs events that provide the framework and support to make nature more accessible for everyone.
Fjällräven is not only the oldest brand within Fenix Outdoor AB, but also the biggest company in turnover and profit. Martin Axelhed, the CEO of Fjällräven International AB and Vice President of Fenix Outdoor AB, has been with the company for many years. Fjällräven’s vision is to make nature accessible for more people and the mission is to enable and inspire people to spend more time in nature by;
- Developing functional, durable and timeless outdoor gear.
- Acting responsible towards nature, animals and people.
- Inspire and develop interest in outdoor life.
At Fjällräven you will join a team of nature lovers, some more experienced than others, that like to spend as much time outdoors as possible. In their offices and stores, they are designers, product developers, buyers, administrators, marketers, communicators, sales staff, customer service reps, and business developers. In nature though, they are all the same.
For additional corporate and product information, please visit: www.fjallraven.com
For Fjällräven’s career site, please visit: https://career.fjallraven.com/
Fjällräven is seeking an enthusiastic and innovative Associate Creative Director to join their dynamic Global Marketing team, in the North American office. In this role, you will be part of a team of Associate Creative Directors, responsible for devising innovative concepts and ideas for brand experiences, stories, activations, and campaigns. Collaborating with internal and external creatives or content creators, you will bring these concepts to life and present them to management teams and retail partners. Your creativity and strong leadership skills will be essential as you manage multiple projects with tight timelines.
As an Associate Creative Director, you will play a crucial role in providing clear direction and feedback on various touchpoints, including visual design, product representation, and social media, while ensuring adherence to brand guidelines. Staying updated with industry best practices for commercial user journeys and actively supporting connections with other teams will be vital to your success in this role. Additionally, you will be hands-on in the production and editing of creative outputs as needed. Managing day-to-day team priorities and resource allocation will also be part of your responsibilities.
The business of Fenix Outdoor and its’ subsidiaries is under constant development. This implies that the scope of your position also may develop over time. You are required to adapt to any potential change, naturally under the circumstances where you have the qualifications and mandate to perform the duties requested from you.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Help lead the creative development and execution across seasons, large systemwide projects and specific product launches. All on a global scale and across existing as well as emerging platforms/technologies. Using a modern mix of conceptual thinking, innovation, executional craftsmanship and the ability to respect and revere our longstanding Fjällräven brand heritage.
- Work with the Creative Director and the Creative Operations Director on developing seasonal and commercial/product marketing frameworks that can deliver on quantity while remaining on-brand.
- Work with the Regional NA Marketing Director to support regional marketing and community needs.
- Work with other creative teams or marketing team colleagues to ensure creative consistency with the overarching brand narrative across marketing channels.
- Guide/collaborate with product, regional, sales, DTC, and retail merchandising teams to integrate or execute holistic programs.
- Lead creative team members/production partners during concept phases, on shoots, and through asset development to ensure creative quality and consistency.
- Partner closely with operations team from concept and production to delivery to ensure sufficient resourcing and to ensure that briefings/schedules/deliveries are met.
- Mentor and develop team members on brand positioning, creative concepting, content development and content strategy methods and how to develop in their specific areas.
- Identify creative opportunities for the brand and the business.
To succeed in this position, we believe that you possess elevated creativity and design skills, with a focus on visually elevating brands and driving sales through digital experiences and video content. Your ability to articulate commercial selling points and connect with consumers across various touchpoints, both digital and in-person, is essential. As an outstanding conceptual thinker, you can turn creative ideas into impactful executions and lead multiple projects with a structured yet innovative approach. Additionally, your talent for motivating and guiding other creatives, along with a passion for global creativity, outdoor culture, and sustainability, will be key to your success.
You would be a great match for the position if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Visual Design, Interactive Design or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8 years of experience as Creative, with strong art direction or copywriting background, or similar.
- Experience as a team lead for a minimum of 2 years.
- Previous experience in textiles industries or with a high-profile consumer, sport or lifestyle brand preferred
- Previous experience in a modern, integrated creative agency and/or the client side (both is even better)
- Proven experience developing and executing holistic creative projects that deliver high-caliber creative and business results.
- Experience in delivering brand and product stories through engaging, purpose-driven content.
- Proven knowledge of what a strong, creative idea is and can connect executional dots across the communications mix to deliver a cohesive overall experience to end users.
- Experience inspiring and guiding multi-disciplinary creative teams with clear direction, actionable feedback, and an understanding of cross-channel tactics.
- Ideally some photo/video production experience, either in your previous roles or in your personal life.
- Previous experience in a fashion or outdoor brand could be advantageous but is not a requirement.
- Comfortable working across cultures, creative disciplines, and time-zones
- Fluent in English; other languages are a benefit.
The responsibilities and tasks listed in the job description above should serve as guidelines for your work. Note that you can be assigned other responsibilities and tasks, which are connected to the business, and considered manageable in relation to your qualifications and mandate. You are required to adopt flexible approach and take on responsibilities and tasks that are not specified in your job description.
Fjällräven Marketing KPI’s:
- Share of search
- Size of engaged community
- Share of online sales
- Growth of key accounts
Projects specific KPIs e.g. user engagement with Brand pages, experiences, product guides, events etc. and internal stakeholder satisfaction on creative content & creative execution