CIP global executive search has been assigned to recruit a Head of Marketing and ECom for Indiska.
The story of Indiska began with Mathilda Hamilton, a missionary with a profound social commitment, who found inspiration during her travels to India. She collected items that were later exhibited and sold at her newly established 'Indiska Exhibition' in Stockholm in 1901. Åke Thambert took over and developed Indiska into the well-known lifestyle brand it is today. Early on, he embraced natural materials in his products and expanded the assortment to include home decor and clothing for women, men, and children in a colorful and bohemian style.
In 2017, Karin Lindahl acquired Indiska and assumed the role of sole owner and CEO. Due to tough times, including the pandemic and external challenges, Indiska Magasinet went into bankruptcy in October 2022. The company was acquired directly after the bankruptcy by Färna Invest AB, forming the new company Indiska 1901. The new strategic direction aims at rebuilding a lifestyle brand with focus on both fashion and home interior. The business model is omnichannel, with main focus on own channels in Sweden, Finland and Norway.
Go to website for additional corporate and product information.
As the Head of Marketing and E-Com, you are a part of the management team, holding a strategically important role within the company. This role will play a critical part in driving the company's growth and success in the market. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will hold strategic responsibility for brand building, e-commerce development, and seamless omnichannel experiences. In line with the strategic vision, this position holds significant responsibility for overseeing the commercial process within the organization. This includes analyzing market trends, monitoring sales performance, and identifying new opportunities to drive revenue growth and profitability. Understanding customer insight and monitoring relevant KPI:s to drive a seamless shopping experience with a commercial mindset. This role also requires strong leadership skills and knowledge in team development.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsibility for a team of 11.
- Lead and develop the Marketing & e-Com team for Indiska on all markets.
- Responsible for the commercial process and building of the omnichannel experience.
- Develop and maintain the brand equity of Indiska through a successful marketing and media strategy.
- Drive sales and online presence through our digital channels and offline with store network to ensure an omnichannel experience.
- Ensure the concept is maintained throughout the organization’s functions.
- Customer journey optimization.
- Responsible for the commercial planning and implementation in co-operation with assortment/purchasing and sales operations.
- Drive and develop the loyalty program.
- MIS (analysis, market research, customer insights and customer research).
- Marketing budget responsibility and P/L responsibility online.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through customer service.
- Staff responsibilities.
To succeed in this position, we believe that you are analytical, proactive, and structured. You are an attentive team player with a positive attitude. Furthermore, you are business oriented with a delivery- and results oriented mindset. Marketing/E-Com plays a central role in the commercial abilities of the organisation and has a high effect on the overall business. You will be the driver in relationship to the omnichannel experience and customer journey (including deep understanding for the online and offline business). Good knowledge in cost efficient and time efficient business processes as well as risk management (financial, operational, commercial). You are also owner of the commercial process which is key to drive revenue and margin according to expectations in the strategy plan.
You would be a great match for the position if you have:
- Academic degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in equivalent role.
- Worked omnichannel within retail.
- Full understanding of digital channels and drivers.
- Excellent leadership experience and the management skills.
- Experience from marketing and development of brand equity.
- Experience from building up and running successful online sales within retail.
- Extensive knowledge of e-commerce technology and sophisticated analytics.
- Experience from online and offline retail.
- Fluent communication and English language skills.
- Communication abilities.
- Internal functions (Finance/IT, Marketing & ECom, Store and operations, Supply chain, HR & sustainability, assortment/purchasing)
- Outsourced partners
- Visitors on all digital channels with conversion rates applicable
- Visitors in store
- Sales & GM in online sales + ROCE
- Conversion rate online sales
- CLV (customer life value)
- Active members
- NKI (customer service)
- P&L responsibility online